An annual snapshot of the state of the think tank sector across the globe.
Drawing on data from the Open Think Tank Directory and a think tank survey conducted by On Think Tanks, this year’s report offers insights to questions such as:
- How do think tanks view their political and funding context?
- What big challenges are they facing?
- What are the most pressing policy issues they identify?
- Is it getting harder or easier for think tanks to operate?
- Are think tanks planning to grow?
- What’s the average think tank size, age and turnover?
- And how do all these answers vary across regions?
Add your organisation to the Open Think Tank Directory to support sector transparency and be counted in next year’s report.
Read regional responses
- Think tanks are taking notice of the canaries dying around them, By Enrique Mendizabal (Peru)
- Six factors that can enable think tanks to develop, By Vardan Atoyan (Armenia)
- Why are Asian thinktankers pessimistic about the future? By Tricia Yeoh (Malaysia)
- The threats to think tank survival are real, By Bonnie Benesh (Curaçao)