On Think Tanks (in collaboration with the Universidad del Pacífico) produces a Working Paper Series focused on the study of think tanks to give new researchers a chance to publish their ideas and reach a broader academic and practitioner audience.
- Encourage and support the emergence of new researchers interested in the study of think tanks across the world, with a particular emphasis on developing countries and emerging economies and new research methods.
- Forster the emergence of a global network of researchers.
- Promote access to new research on think tanks by thinktankers and think tank supporters.
- Encourage the introduction of think tanks (along with policy research institutes and the broader evidence informed policy agenda) into the research agendas of academic communities in developing regions.
- Contribute to the use and further development of the Open Think Tank Directory as well as other data sources.
Papers will be accepted and published in either English or Spanish.
How to support the OTT Working Paper Series?
OTT does not fund the papers published under this series, with the exception of a few papers written by our associates. Our research agenda is therefore developed in an opportunistic fashion, taking advantage of the work of others and seeking short term research opportunities.
Support to OTT would allow us to be more proactive in the generation of new knowledge on think tanks and the broader evidence informed policy ecosystem.
We would also be happy to work with funders with a national, regional and sectorial focus.
Please get in touch.